Sunday, September 23, 2018

Hurricane Florence evacuation

My dog Hugo
Braves game Saturday!
When we were told to evacuate, since my family lives in Charleston I decided that I was going to go to Atlanta with some girls from my softball team.

 I was not really panicked since every year ever since I have been born we always have a hurricane warning or watch.

Usually, my mother does not let me leave because she thinks it would be safer to be at home, but this year she let me leave since I was going with the team she let me go.

 The traffic evacuating was not bad at all since we left at 5:00 in the morning. Once we got to Atlanta  the first night we stayed at one of my friends' houses then the next couple days we stayed in a couple RVs. We even brought our dogs. On Saturday we even got free tickets to the Braves game because we were evacuees, I even got a tattoo while in Atlanta.

On the drive back with how packed the interstates where we ended up taking a lot of backroads and getting back here in plenty of time for classes Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stories Told by Ghosts

The Old Charleston City Jail On Monday, December 3rd, the sky was dark, the air was thick, and the ground was wet. But there we were wal...